Friday, February 24, 2012

Wholesale might better be titled "No Sale" for me.  While my next-door neighbor Danielle -- a long-time artist at the show-- did gangbuster work on wholesaling her work (wonderful, whimsical felt pins, scarves and outrageous necklaces), I sat or stood, smiling, chatting, and NOT getting a single wholesale order.   This was not entirely unexpected; it WAS boring, however. 

Some contacts WERE made with stores that carry Judaica (so I better get off my bottom and finish up the two other parts of the line!) Once I get them photoed, I'll get pictures to the folk who were excited about it and, perhaps, just perhaps, they'll place orders for the three items I've got planned.  One is a reality; the others are a-comin'.  
What made the day good?  Well, first and foremost, many of my fellow artists! What talented, generous and warm people.  And so many of like mind, politically, socially, intellectually.  It's a joy, and a wonderful change for solo work at home with the cats for companionship. (I love them, but great conversationalists they are NOT! LOL)
Fingers crossed for retail days beginning tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment