Wednesday, February 22, 2012

setting up; sitting down for wholesale


Edit | Settings | Delete
Picture
the booth -- better picture to come tomorrow. Doesn't my new sign look great?
Well, the booth was set up over the course of Monday and Tuesday.  I spent Monday  night making a "pole condom"  (thanks to the artist who told me this name; it's forever stuck in my mind for better or worse).  It's a covering for the corner pole required to ensure the new configuration of a corner booth didn't fall down.  And, because I had to do a full square of  header so I could put up my lights, I made pretty little valances to hid the metal poles running across the top of the booth.  I thank my 8th grade home economics teachers for teaching me how to stitch straight and my grandmother for the vision to find ways to use minimal tools to create beauty.

Now, Wednesday and Thursday (today and tomorrow) are wholesale days.  Buyers, generally unused to bead art jewelry, don't seem entirely sure what to make of my jewelry.  As in the past, a little demonstration helps.  [It also helps keep me awake! The traffic is slow in the extreme, but I was warned it might be!]  I'm not expecting much by way of wholesale, but the contacts, particularly for my Judaica work, should well be invaluable!  

Sana, my "buddy" (a long-time exhibitor paired with me to act as a mentor and advisor) has been fabulous -- as has her husband.  They've provided me with invaluable advice and sent folks in my direction who might have an interest in the quirky work that I do.  In fact, most of the folks in my environs have been wonderfully helpful to this newbie!
Gotta go put my tootsies up -- perhaps a nice warm bath will be a good thing.  Just thinking about it makes me feel warm and cosy!
Later, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment