Sunday, February 19, 2012


It's strange to be so casual about putting together the booth and materials to cart to the Convention Center. Perhaps it's because I have two days to set up everything in a manner that makes me happy.  Or perhaps it's because I've done the set-up so many times before. Or, could it be that I know if I've forgotten anything, it's not hard to run home to get it?

Whatever the reason, it's been far less the hassle than past efforts to get ready for a show. The new carpet has me excited -- but also requires a small van, instead of my CR-V.  An 8x10 rug just doesn't make it in the car, and I'm not ready to tie it to the roof this time.
So, a small van it will be. That 'll make it possible for me to simply load the pre-constructed display into the van and download it at the show. It'll require minimal additional knocking together once there! Huzzah!

Tonight MUST be an early one -- gotta DVR my Masterpiece Theater soap opera (Downton Abbey), since I've set the alarm for 4:00 am  I need to leave at 4:30 to arrive at the local NBC affiliate (WBAL-TV) in Baltimore by 5:15.  I'm on camera at 5:45.  Then home, breakfast, and a ride to get set up going.  Mercifully, my DH and younger son will be toting barges and lifting bales for me.
I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow when we're done!
Here's a picture of the "old" set up. The new one has large beautiful pictures of some pieces, a magnificent logo banner and a lovely new carpet.  
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment