Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sing Along...."An-ti-ci-paaaaaa-tion....."

      There's only one thing more disconcerting than receiving a "Thank you for applying; it was a hard decision, but, we're sorry to say..." letter from an event.  At least when you get one of those you KNOW where you stand.
      I just got ANOTHER of those "waiting list" letters!  OY VEY!  It's neither a "yes" nor a "no" and that leaves you....well, nowhere.  So how does one plan?  Simply put, one doesn't.   BUT having been scooped off the waiting list for ACC, I'm hopeful that the One of a Kind show in Chicago (December 2012) will do the same!  After all, I sent along the same pictures and text as I did to ACC....
     And while I wait to hear about this waiting list, I'm also waiting for Craft Boston in the fall (another waiting list!) and whether I'm in or out for a number of OTHER shows beginning Labor Day through the end of the year.
    The GOOD news:  I'll be in Ann Arbor, MI in July for their HUGE four day show.  A series of shows occur simultaneously and totally overrun the University's main campus.  I'll be there!  On State Street, booth 104....YAY
    The even BETTER news is that I've got a wonderful barn finch nesting at the top of the pediment that holds up our porch roof.  It's the second year the pair have graced our home.  I can't wait to see the little ones!  [And I can't wait until they leave and I can clean up the guano, too!]  I also think a duck may be nesting in my holly near the house wall -- if not, they're just visiting my little front yard more often than ever!  I'll try to get a picture.
   EVERYTHING is GREENING!  And that's so very wonderful.  Even my tiny indoor fig tree (sent bare stemmed just 2 weeks ago) has leaves AND a tiny dwarf fig.  So cute....Perhaps I'll do a bead shaped like the fig leaf; so unusual and undulating......
     Keep thinking good thoughts about future shows for me.....I'll think good thoughts for everyone else!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment