Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One Down....Two to Go!


SPRING IS HERE (or so the calendar says).  And so do my plants!  Check out the budding out of my climbing hydrangea in the back yard! May we be protected from a hard freeze before the end of the month.

The good news is that the newsletter is finito:  signed, sealed and delivered.  In fact, it was posted to the organization's membership by the exec director literally by return mail! Huzzah!!Now on to the press release and the "think" piece.

They should be done in a few days and THEN I can get back to the joy of beading (not to be confused with the joy of cooking, something in which I also take great pleasure, as you can tell from my blogroll!)  In fact, today is a day to begin the process of macaron-making.  Yes! I'm talking about those glorious French macarons, not the coconut ones that are so prevalent this time of the year (manufactured for wheatless consumption during Passover).  Turns out the FRENCH macarons are also flourless -- they use ALMONDS not flour and nuts are ok to eat.  So, today, I begin the process by giving the eggwhites involved a few days to "rest."  Not exactly heavy lifting, but a necessary element in the 32-step process used by Pierre Herme (add accent over the second "e," s'il vous plait), the GOD of French patisserie.

Looking at the pictures in his book, my eyes are feasting on color combinations that could be right up the beading alley!  In fact, I think I'll create some macaron-inspired pieces as soon s I finish up the editorial work -- and attend to what my girlfriend Gail calls "administrivia."  And she has THAT right!



No comments:

Post a Comment