Thursday, March 22, 2012

FOG

It is dark, and it is foggy, much like my brain this morning.  It is also unlike the beautiful fog in the picture taken on the Rhone during our Provence trip last summer. 
I've been at a loss for creativity, blocked, hitting a wall. Colors won't come; the field of new project ideas lies fallow. Even my half-sewn beading projects languish, despite the fact that they require the less than average use of arty grey matter.  


The ennui extends to other aspects of my life. I've been reading and re-reading all of the  scientific articles that I need to understand and explain in plain English in a press release.  The result?  Poorly conceived drafts in need of reworking.


It happens to all of us: the muse evades us for a while.  What to do about it?  Surround yourself in visual, auditory, tactile and taste-worthy sensations.....And that's precisely what I plan to do today.  The music will be ON (probably classical or folk of some ilk); the beads will be OUT on the counters to be put away in vials (seeing the colors touching the colors helps), the knitting will be picked up as will the artisan bread baking habit.  All of this contributes to a mindfulness about my actions, whether kneading bread, sorting beads, finishing the baby sweater I'm knitting for a friend's new grandbaby, or even just closing my eyes and listening to music.

AND WITH LUCK, the Muse will return to touch my art and creative spirit again very soon.
Keep your fingers crossed for me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment