Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shredding

Today was a day for shredding.  After half a day of work on a bracelet with a wonderful handmade copper cabochon, I took my tiny sewing scissors to it....beads and thread everywhere.  No more bracelet; only a magnificent cabochon searching for a home on a wrist.  But it has to be the RIGHT home to put on a wrist and today's effort was NOT.

Unsatisfactory products such as this  yield the need for rethinking, revising, and reworking. Never mind that I'm days from my first huge show.  Never mind that yet another project has been brought up short.  If it doesn't pass MY muster, it's consigned to the "think again" pile.  And that pile is getting larger as the show gets closer!

It's time to stop producing and start packing, which is what I will accomplish tomorrow down in the basement.  AND I must make a few pole tubes (what a colleague refers to as "upright condoms") to beautify the poles that aren't adequately "draped" with my curtain material.  That and an ersatz curtain for the track light pole, too.  Velcro works wonders!  Whoever invented it is deserving of great praise from artists everywhere. [That's in addition to the thanks of mothers who no longer have to tie and retie their toddlers shoes!]
I must research the history of velcro -- but AFTER the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment